Saturday 15 June 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

Rimmel Stay Matter Powder £3.99

If you're familiar with the world of beauty blogging, you would have probably already heard about the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. With the likes of Tanya Burr constantly talking about it and using it in a lot of her makeup tutorials, it's no wonder people go on and on about it. Likewise, I just had to go out and try it! I bought mine quite a while ago now, and I think it's safe to say that it's one heck of a powder! And for £3.99, seriously, what's not to like? 

I use this with my Real Techniques multi task brush and all I do is dab it in to get a good amount of product. It isn't at all powdery but it isn't like a brick either when you're trying to get some out the packaging. I've had experience with some products being really powdery and going all over the place, as well as ones that take a whole lot of work just to get the tiniest bit on the brush. This one's just perfect!

My shade is in Warm Beige, a tad light but there's no telling once it's on the face. What I love about this product is that it does exactly what it says it will — mattify! It's a great all-around-the-face powder but more so for areas where you get more oily, for me, the t-zone. Surprisingly, it lasts a pretty decent amount of time especially if I'm using a good foundation. The only time I would probably have to re-apply is when I've been sweating a lot or if my face has gotten too warm and has released more oil. But other than that, it's keeps the face pretty matte for as long as you need it to. And if it really can't be helped, just re-apply. It takes little to no time! That's what I do.

There are probably better powders out in the market but for a drugstore product, this has done pretty well for itself. Not the best packaging, no. But this isn't one you buy because you're feeling fancy, it's one you get because it's cheap and it works. Would I re-purchase and recommend it? Yes, definitely. So if you're looking for a new powder that stops you from getting overly shiny, this is may be the one for you. Just try it out and see how it goes. After all, that's what I did and now it's part of my daily makeup routine. And if it doesn't work, at least it hasn't cost you all your savings! x

4 comments:

  1. nice post

    New post on my blog:
    http://www.cultureandtrend.com/2013/06/kiss-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like a great produt, awwesome post and review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this powder.. I'm currently using rice powder which works amazingly!

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    High Street Fashion, Beauty & Celebrity
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...